Vice President Membership
This role is responsible for the growth of club member numbers and ensuring that retiring members are replaced. This needs to be carried out proactively on an ongoing basis as non renewals at Semis (fee renewal) time can create sudden reductions in club numbers. A third of club membership leaves for all sorts of reasons in any given year so this a role that is best not done in spurts with so called "membership drives". Working closely with the Vice President Public Relations is very important.
The Vice President Membership (VPM):
- ensures all guests at meetings receive a Visitor Pack and appropriate welcome.
- The VPM ensures the visitors email is passed on to the webmaster for inclusion in the meeting notice email list. Meeting notices are emailed automatically to members and prospective members (there is an opt out facility) to support the efforts of the VPM.
- follows up on inquiries made via the club website and does telephone follow up between meetings.
- sends out (email) meeting notices a week before meetings
- maintains overview of Hospitality role at meetings, prepares meeting
Attendance sheets and meeting Badges.
- maintains Visitor Pack stocks. Content of the standard Visitor Pack is detailed in the Member Only Area
- is responsible for encouraging all members on a regular basis to bring
friends, work colleagues etc. to meetings as guests.
- signs up new members and forwards F400 (Membership
Applications) and fees payment to club Treasurer.
- periodically delivers
2min Toastmaster sessions keeping members informed.